Display multiple lists in SharePoint 2013
While I am far from being an expert on SharePoint, I use it on a daily basis and find that it is a good collaboration and information repository tool for businesses. However, it sometimes requires that you think outside the box to accomplish what you are trying to do.
That happened to me the other day when I was trying to make two lists show up at the same time. In hindsight, the amount of time that I spent trying to make this work is almost comical as my wasted efforts were probably enough to invent a flying car. After stepping away to mull over the situation, the approach that I needed to take finally dawned on me.
After sitting down with my new found idea, I was able to quickly implement the solution I needed, displaying multiple lists.
- I went to Lists -> add an app, and created the two lists that I wanted to display on the same page.
- I set the navigation for those two lists so that they didn’t show up in the main left navigation.
- Next I created a new page on the site and gave it a meaningful name
- Lastly I selected Insert from the top menu and chose App Part. I selected one of the new apps that I created in step 1.
- I then added the second App Part to the page.
You can continue to add App Parts and Web Parts to the page as needed.
While this might be common sense to an expert SharePoint administrator, those of us who only dabble in SharePoint every now and then don’t always see the order of operations to make this work as expected right away. Hopefully this information will help to save you countless hours.